Dear all,
We are on week 5, and we are still learning and exploring more and more amazing things about technology. I have never thought I can learn all these tools in just few weeks, and have the chance to implement them in my class.
As teachers of English, our role is to adopt assessment procedures that work as tools to increase learning opportunities. Project Based Learning is an alternative assessment which engages students in collaborative groups, and involves them in their own learning process.
We are on week 5, and we are still learning and exploring more and more amazing things about technology. I have never thought I can learn all these tools in just few weeks, and have the chance to implement them in my class.
As teachers of English, our role is to adopt assessment procedures that work as tools to increase learning opportunities. Project Based Learning is an alternative assessment which engages students in collaborative groups, and involves them in their own learning process.
![]() |
| Add caption |
Alike, rubrics are a mean of assessing performances and communicating the teachers' expectations; they are a great tool that make grading objective and clear, they give students an idea on what is expected of them and clarify for them the qualities their work should have.
When reading that we will create our own rubrics, I was afraid that this task would be difficult to do, but once I log in Rubistar and follow the steps, I recognized how easy to create my own rubric and how useful it could be. Also, creating a webQuest was so much fun.
As for the technology tool I will use to solve my students' writing problems, I choose creating a class blog. I guess that as I enjoy reading my classmates posts every week and be happy commenting on them, so will my students when creating their own class blog and be able to post their reflections and comment on each others' writings.
Looking forward to reading your comments.
Best wishes from sunny Marrakesh.



Hello Karima,
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice post! I am also creating a blog for my final project plan to help my students with their writing. Let's share idea and see how it goes. Have a good weekend.
Regards,
Ahmed
Yemen
Hello Ahmed,
ReplyDeleteI will be glad to share ideas with you and work together to improve our students' writing skill.
Best wishes.